Vegetables go a long way to help. Although certain things are neglected about vegetables and this reflects in the way we handle them. Understanding their importance and what they offer will help. Here we will learn some things about vegetables.
Vegetables provides numerous health benefits which are beneficial when eaten. Eating vegetables and fruits as part of an overall healthy diet helps in reducing the risk of some chronic diseases. Vegetables provide nutrients vital for health and maintenance of your body.
Why is it important to eat vegetables?
- They are important sources of many nutrients. These nutrients includes potassium, dietary fiber, folate (folic acid), vitamin A, and vitamin C.
- Considering fat most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. Seasonings might add cholesterol, fats or calories to it
- Blood cholesterol levels and risks of heart disease are reduced by dietary fiber from vegetables, as part of an overall healthy diet. Fiber is important for proper bowel function. It helps reduce constipation and diverticulosis. Fiber-containing foods such as vegetables help provide a feeling of fullness with fewer calories.
- Potassium rich diets helps to maintain healthy blood pressure.Vegetable sources of potassium include white beans, sweet potatoes, white potatoes,tomato products (paste, sauce, and juice), beet greens, soybeans, lima beans, spinach, lentils, and kidney beans.
- Vitamin A keeps eyes and skin healthy and helps to protect against infections.
- Vitamin C helps heal cuts and wounds and keeps teeth and gums healthy. Vitamin C aids in iron absorption.
Because they are found everywhere does not mean that they are not important. Eat well and stay safe.