Proverbs 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
Still crying again? After coming out of his final exams and submitting to the supervisor, he later realised the questions were so cheap and few for his level. Little did he know that he had four more questions to go. It was too late for he had bragged and spoken cheaply of the faculty before he left. He first took that pill. He paid with an extra year. Was he puffed up by ignorance or was he proud alone?
Is it the condition of being uninformed or uneducated or the lack of knowledge or information as regards what to do or how to do it? Considering the limitless numbers of opportunities around us that we have missed as a result of our ignorance as regards the simple and complex information we should just have handled. Name it, is it that scholarship info you heard about but you ignored. Could it be that conversation you could have had with your roomies that night before your exams or the textbook you later discovered your lectural uses to set questions?
It’s everywhere and if you are actually sincere about it you really have taken a number of pills which has gone a long way to affect you. It’s true that there are some information that we actually can’t handle nevertheless what about those ones we consciously decided to refuse, consider or accept?
Considering the risk of being uninformed or being knowledgeable what stand will you actually take? You really need not to be told about the consequences of ignorance as many ” had I know ” statements have been made or conceived in your heart.
- Job 36:12 But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword [of God’s destructive judgments], and they shall die in ignorance of true knowledge.
- Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge
- Isaiah 5:13 Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge.
- Proverbs 19:2 Desire without knowledge is not good, and to be overhasty is to sin and miss the mark.
What’s the way out?
- Identify where knowledge is lacking.
- Get true knowledge.
- Continuous learning is a major key, coming to the knowledge of the truth.
- Walk with people who have access to information and be willing to give also.
- Educate rather than criticise.
- Be open minded.
- Desire to know more.
- Avoid been puffed with knowledge.
- In whatever area learn more about it.
- Don’t be hasty.
- Be friendly as you never can tell who needs and who adds up to what you have.
Will you choose to be ignorant about God and His reality or claim that you have never heard about Him or His love through His son Jesus. Have you actually cooked up excuses that you think will save you from judgement? Both young and old will both stand before Him to be judged on that very day. Why not accept the truth and refuse ignorance. Your Life actually matters so, turn to him. He’s waiting.