A little thought about it. Were you ever in a situation where you were about to make certain life decisions or some simple decisions and all that came to you was what will they say about it? It was so intense that 75% of your thoughts was only centred on what others would say or think about it, leaving you with about 25% on what you thought about it. And you worried so much that at the end of it all you only made that decision only on what others would think. Then you neglected what was right or wrong. It was so much that you lived the lives of others.
It’s so much pain to find out that you made certain decisions as if they were imposed on you by the thoughts of others. Their views and opinions came as though you were burdened, tortured and threatened to live your life as they would live, thus tailoring your life pattern at an entirely different design as it ought to be.
We give power to the people when we let all their thoughts and impressions rule our lives and slowly we become the image of another as we continually hide in our shells. When we are sought after , we are never found for we become another, who creation knows not.
What’s the way out? Here are a few tips to help you come out of the thoughts of others.
- What standards do you keep: The Bible is so dynamic and know it covers all perspectives that God through it gave a commandment of an exemplary standard; Jesus. Looking up to Jesus. You might ask how God is involved in this. I tell you He is the most disappointed when His creatures who He created as unique are living the lives of another. Your standards matter. Who is your standard? Choose a fool and remain a fool. That’s one reason it is important to have God through Jesus as a standard. By the Help of the Holy Spirit, you actually will be led to live a life so free from external dominance.
- Fear: Ouch! This thing is so deadly that it can keep you away from taking that step to define your reality. Speaking of the truth. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and love, and of a sound mind. This is actually what we need and you know God has so much helped us and yet we haven’t come to this reality. For it is by fear we live as if we never exist. Come out of fear and break free.
- Be yourself: It’s not false neither was it a lie when God called you a peculiar nation. You were never made to be a reflection of a man. You were made in the likeness of God. Take that bold step to be yourself at all points.
- Focus on what matters: Avoid the distractions of the speech of condemnation by those around you and have a fixed gaze on what matters. Doing this takes the glare off your face.
- Take the risk : Weigh all sides. Considering value, knowledge and added perspective.
*What’s the worst thing that Could happen if you don’t do this?
*What’s the best thing that Could happen if you do this?
*What’s the worst thing that Could happen if you do this?
*What’s the best thing that Could happen if you don’t do this?
- Stop: You have worried too much. You have analysed it beyond what it seems and it affecting you. Stop it. Put an end to overthinking. Not everyone has your time. Only a few busybodies who have nothing to do speak compared to many who admire.
- Avoid pleasing everyone: Abaaa! Must you please everyone to be accepted? You are only adding more weight to your scale. If you are not careful it will soon break.
- Acceptance: Accept who you really are and always expect the reactions of many. It is mandatory. Whether it is your complexion, body size, shape, height or whatever, it is you. Do your best not to make things worse.
- Let go of the Ego: Removing your ego from the situation you have a clearer view of all perspectives in all understanding, yet not worrying. Live a disciplined life worthy of virtue.
You must make a conscious effort to let go what other people think. It’s a skill that needs to be practiced, like meditating. But once you truly understand how to let go, you will see the world as entirely different.
People will love you, people will hate you, and none of it will have anything to do with you. Make your choices and live by those decisions, taking full responsibility for what you do and how you do it. When you do, you’ll gain the self-esteem you need and the power to give yourself what you want, without blaming anyone for your mistakes.
What other measures do you think will help out? It’s great if you also will share your own opinion .